November 18, 2019
Board discussed and approved a resolution to explore the opportunity to become a District of Innovation.
December 16, 2019
Board held a public hearing to consider developing an innovation plan
Board appointed the District of Innovation Committee
Committee members are:
Kristi Kinney, Jaime Leinhauser, Kelly Lauderdale, Alicia Reed, Christy Coverdale, Leann Wilkins, Wendy Cummings, Leisha Martin, Kim Koonsman, Nansy Reiss, Colby Blackwell, Kim Edwards Jeff White, Johnnie Hauerland, Pam Knowles, Jena Bridgefarmer, Kyle Hood and Sharla Rowland.
December 18, 2019
DOI committee met for overview and began forming a draft DOI plan.
January 8, 2020
District of Innovation Committee meets to develop local innovation plan.
January 16, 2020
DOI Committee considers the final version of the proposed plan and holds public
meeting, passes plan by majority vote
January 23, 2020
Board votes to pursue DOI
District of Innovation Plan posted to district website. (Must be on website for 30 days)
January 29, 2020
Notice of intent to Vote and Plan sent to Commissioner
February 17, 2020
District of Innovation plan presented to Meridian ISD staff.
March 2020 Board Meeting
- Upon completion of above, school board approves final DOI plan by 2/3 vote.
- District notifies commissioner of approval of the plan along with a list of approved TEC exemptions by completing TEA’s form
- Meridian ISD is a District of Innovation effective immediately.
- District sends plan to the Agency within 15 days of adoption.
- District posts and maintains plan online in prominent location.