MHS Semester Exemption Policy
Exemption Policy for Meridian HS
- Seniors may be exempt from 4 exams per semester
- Juniors may be exempt from 3 exams per semester
- Sophomores may be exempt from 2 exams per semester
- Freshman may be exempt from 1 exam per semester
- Grade is an A then no more than 3 absences, this includes excused and unexcused absences (does NOT include: medical exempt, extra-curricular or field trips).
- Grade is a B then no more than 2 absences, this includes excused and unexcused absences (does NOT include: medical exempt, extra-curricular or field trips).
- Students will have 5 days to turn in a medical note for any medical excused absences. Any not turned in after 5 days will not count toward a student’s exemption.
- Students with two or more Saturday school placements, one ISS or a DAEP placement will NOT be exempt from testing.
Any student who is required to take an EOC exam and meets the passing standard for that exam may be exempt from the final of that class.
Any student who does not meet the passing standard will take that final.
If EOC scores have not arrived then exemptions will revert back to the exemption criteria.